- Log in at docs.google.com/a/yourdomain (e.g. docs.google.com/a/eipstech.com), or just docs.google.com if your school doesn't have Google Apps set up and you have your own Gmail account.
- Click the upload button, click Select files to upload, and find the presentation file(s) that you want to upload. Unfortunately they need to be 10 MB or smaller each, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem.
- Click Start Upload.
- Once the file has uploaded, click on it to view it. Click the Share button at the top right and choose Get the link to share.
- Click the box for Allow anyone with the link to view and you'll see the link in the box below that. This is the link you put on your website, copy it and click Save & Close.
- Paste the link into the appropriate place on your website/page.
Monday, November 30, 2009
Using Google Docs for Sharing Your PowerPoints
With the transition to new file formats in Office 2007, your students may not be able to view the PowerPoint files of your lectures that you post on your website/page. One of the easiest ways to avoid this is to use Google Docs. Unfortunately at the time of writing Google Docs doesn't support pptx files (PowerPoint 2007), so you'll have to save your presentation as PowerPoint 97-2003 Presentation or use a site like Zamzar to convert it.