Since the PowerSchool parent and student portal will not be available this summer, here is a way that you can post marks online for parents and students.
1. In the gradebook on the Reports tab, choose Scoresheet and set the Output Type to Export (CSV) and the Student Field to Student Number.
3. You will then have a spreadsheet in Excel containing student marks organized by student number. This should be anonymized for FOIP purposes.
4. You can print this (after you adjust the formatting) or paste it into an online spreadsheet. I recommend Google Docs for online spreadsheets. To set up a Google Doc that your students can access, sign into your Gmail account at docs.google.com (or school Google Apps account, e.g. docs.salcomp.ca) and Create a new Spreadsheet.
5. Click on Unsaved spreadsheet to rename the spreadsheet, then click on Private only to me to change it to be a public spreadsheet (or to invite your students' email addresses as viewers).
6. Copy the data from your Excel spreadsheet into your new Google Docs spreadsheet, and your students will now be able to see the marks that you exported from PowerSchool.
7. Repeat steps 1, 2, and 6 when you have updated marks in PowerSchool.
Another possibility is to use Engrade, a free online gradebook, but then you need to be maintaining your marks in two different places.