- Make sure your device is connected to the same network as the Apple TV (i.e. XXXschoolguest).
- Tap the home button twice. This will display your recently used apps.
- Swipe the apps list from left to right once (iPad) or twice (iPhone) until you see the AirPlay icon (a rectangle with a triangle in the middle).
- Tap the AirPlay icon and select the Apple TV that you would like to display your screen on. Enter the password if required.
- Tap the switch to turn on Mirroring. Your iPad/iPhone screen is now displayed on the big screen.
You can also AirPlay from certain apps on any iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. Just look for the AirPlay icon in the app, if you're connected to the same network as an Apple TV.
You can also watch the following YouTube videos to see the AirPlay process.