1. Download the file moodle_quiz_v09.zip and extract the contents.
2. Open the file moodle_quiz_v09.dot in Microsoft Word. You should be able to just double-click it.
3. You'll now have a blank document, but with an "Add-Ins" tab for question types.
4. There's also a security warning that "Macros have been disabled." Re-enable them by clicking on Options... and choosing Enable this content.
5. You can now add questions using the buttons in the Add-Ins tab.
6. Press the Enter key at the end of the line where you type your question to record the possible answers. The first answer is the correct one, you'll have the chance to change the order when you import into Moodle.
7. Once you've created your questions, click the CleanUp button to check for errors. Correct any errors that it tells you about. If there are no errors, it will tell you "Now everything is OK".
8. Click the Export button to make an XML file that is ready to be uploaded to Moodle. Make sure you select "Word XML Document (*.xml)" from the Save as type drop-down list.
9. You now have an XML file with your questions that you can import into Moodle. You can either import questions into the Question bank for a course (under course settings on the left) or directly into a quiz (under quiz settings when you are editing a quiz).